Completing a profile
Completing a profile
Things to consider when completing your profile
- Honesty is the best policy – Be honest when listing your profile. All good relationships are based on honesty, integrity and trust.
- Your profile is your sales pitch – Try and make your profile as good a representative of yourself as possible. Remember, first impressions count!
- Photos get more enquiries – Add a photo of yourself. Profiles which contain photos get exponentially more enquiries. If you are struggling to add a photo, please email email@example.com for help.
- Also see ‘Photo Tips’ …
- Complete your profile – Completed profiles get far more enquiries than incomplete profiles. If you are struggling to complete your profile, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
How much should I pay?
This is a very difficult question to which there is no easy answer. Prices can vary from city to city and town to town. But the rule of thumb is:
- Student accommodation – Student rooms in cities start at about R1,500 per month for a shared room to R5,000 per room for luxury student rooms with private bathrooms. Also, the closer you are to campus, the higher the rent.
- Professional accommodation – If you’re a professional you probably don’t want to share a room, and many prefer a private bathroom. Here you will probably start paying around R2,500 - R3,000 per month, and this is calculated pro-rata, depending on whether you need the room full time, or just part-time, e.g. Monday-to-Friday or a few nights per week.
Daily / Weekly / Monthly prices
You can choose how you want to rent rooms:
- Monthly – This is the traditional way of renting a room. If you want to rent a room long term, or if you’re a student needing student accommodation for a whole year (or 10 months of the year), you should complete box for a monthly budget.
- Weekly – If you only need a room for a short period of time, i.e. a few weeks, you should provide a weekly budget.
- Daily – If you only need a room for a few days at a time, but perhaps you’re a regular visitor, you should provide a daily budget.
You can enter a budget in more than one box.
Who can see my contact details?
We don’t share your contact details with anyone – that’s a promise. The only people who will have access to your contact details, will be registered members of TheRoomLink.